Human Resources Manager
October 25, 2023
Human Resources Manager
Hybrid (remote/in-person), full time (40 hour per week)
$70K annual salary, depending on qualifications
Healthy Community Initiative (HCI) celebrates a diverse team of more than 40 employees and contractors managing more than 30 youth- and family-serving programs across Rice County. Learn more about HCI here: https://healthycommunityinitiative.org/about/
HCI seeks a technology-forward, strategically minded human resources professional to oversee its end-to-end human resources strategy and employment policies and procedures using technology and tools that promote work wellness, an inclusive work culture, and efficiencies and cost-savings for the organization. The right candidate will be eager to serve as part of a leadership team and develop broader executive management skills that lead to career growth within the organization.
- Lead the end-to-end human resources functions for the organization, including job postings, recruitment, selection of new staff, onboarding, training, retention, compensation, employee relations and compliance.
- Design and implement DEI and retention strategies.
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand and can carry out their job responsibilities.
- Analyze data to drive human resources strategy; review and recommend improvements of employment policies, procedures, and practices.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; create and maintain an employee compensation strategy based on market research and pay surveys; provide data to support organization budget management and fund development that supports a competitive total compensation plan.
- Support program managers and the Executive Director to conduct results-focused, ongoing performance reviews.
- Maintain organizational compliance and employment-related record keeping; develop an audit schedule, perform periodic audits of human resources files and records, and consult with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Manage the negotiation and enrollment for employee benefit programs.
- Function as a positive liaison among employees; coach managers/supervisors in addressing staff concerns and/or issues; investigate employee issues and conflicts and bring them to resolution.
- Facilitate all-staff meetings and gatherings, training, and communication among employee teams that build an inclusive work culture and promote work wellbeing; continually assess company culture, morale, engagement, performance, and follow-through on recommendations for improvement or best practices.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Finance Manager to manage employee timekeeping and biweekly payroll.
- Facilitate HCI Personnel Committee meetings.
- Bachelor’s and/or Masters Degree in Human Resources with at least three years of experience in nonprofit human resources management
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Technology-forward with experience managing end-to-end human resources functions using software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of human resources practices and policies
- Capable of completing work on time in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude – excellent ability to multitask and troubleshoot issues
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as a member of a team
- Willingness to maintain the standards, carry out the purpose, and adhere to the policies of HCI
- Maintenance of a cell phone is an expectation of employment
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Familiarity with HCI and its programs
- Knowledge of Rice County and the surrounding communities
Reports to: Executive Director
Application review will continue until the position is filled with a qualified candidate.
Please apply online using the link below. In your cover letter please include the name, title, and contact information for three professional references.
Questions about the position may be directed to email@example.com. Please reference “Human Resources Manager” in the subject line.