Director of Technology and Improvement (Salesforce Product Owner)
May 1, 2023
Annual Salary Range: $65,000-$70,000
HCI seeks a highly skilled Director of Technology and Improvement. The successful candidate will have at least five years of experience managing and developing teams implementing solutions in Salesforce and Tableau.
Vision and Implementation
- Oversee the overarching vision, design and delivery of program, grant, and donor management in Salesforce.
- Supervise data team staff members and guide project prioritization and management.
- Guide staff training and development and complete regular goal-setting and performance evaluation discussions.
- Coordinate with contractors and key partners to meet roadmap delivery, usage and quality goals for Salesforce implementation.
- Oversee requirements-gathering and UX/user-centered design efforts to inform the Salesforce roadmap on data reporting, site features and technical architecture.
- Function as an effective team-builder and facilitator, building mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members, partners and stakeholders.
- Work with team members and partners to promote effective data use and adoption through multi-faceted user support and capacity-building activities.
- Determine the people, technology, processes, and financial resources necessary to address the current and future data management and analytics/visualization needs of HCI.
- Identify opportunities where community-level outcomes can be improved by leveraging data from multiple sources.
- Use a results-based-accountability approach to guiding measurable community-level outcomes that can be demonstrated through data analysis and used to support meaningful system and policy changes.
- Manage relationships with data providers and coordinate data sharing and confidentiality agreements that are required to meet user needs; navigate data sharing through a compliance lens.
- Develop cross-functional data governance, ethics and quality assurance practices with data providers and user groups to ensure high-integrity, high-credibility outputs.
- Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent experience in Social Science, Information Technology, Data Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing teams in technology and continuous improvement roles.
- Experience and/or credentials in technical project management or design processes (ex: Agile, Scrum, PMP, Lean Six Sigma, UX) preferred.
- Strong understanding and experience with data governance, standardization and quality assurance.
- Ability to develop and lead staff and contractors that possess strong technical data management and analytics skills/knowledge.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills with internal and external stakeholders including strong attention to detail.
- Ability to methodically develop and document standard operating procedures.
- Ability to present data insights in a manner that tells a story to support effective decision-making.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze data, identify trends, pinpoint problems and root causes, and develop innovative solutions.
- Consistently models and inspires high levels of professional demeanor and integrity.
- Capable of completing work on time in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Comfort with, and ability to navigate, a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Willingness to maintain the standards, carry out the purpose, and adhere to the policies of the Healthy Community Initiative.
- Maintenance of a cell phone is an expectation of employment.
If you meet these qualifications and are excited about taking on this challenge, we encourage you to apply for this Director of Technology and Improvement position.
Application review will begin immediately. Position open until filled with a qualified candidate.