Always call 911 if there’s an immediate danger to you or someone with you, or if there’s a medical emergency.
- Be prepared to tell the dispatcher where you are and what is going on.
- If you believe there is a mental health crisis, tell the dispatcher what signs and symptoms you notice, and ask for help with those mental health concerns.
- If the person has taken any substances, tell the dispatcher what substances.
911 will listen to determine the best response to the situation. They may send first responders like medical personnel or police. They may also give information on next steps you can take to keep yourself and others safe until help arrives.
South Central Mobile Crisis Team
To reach the Mobile Crisis Team, call 877-399-3040
The Mobile Crisis Team provides 24/7 support to those in a mental health crisis. The service will go to an individual’s home or other location in these counties: Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Freeborn, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Rice, Sibley, and Watonwan.
(English) (Language Line) (Somali – subject to availability) (Spanish – subject to availability)
- Mental health crisis support
- Problem-solving and coping strategies
- Referrals to other local services
- Family education and support
- Crisis prevention planning
- Brief post-crisis support
The Mobile Crisis Team asks for insurance information to bill insurance companies. But if you don’t have insurance, you will not be billed.
Services are offered in English and in other languages through language line interpretation. Depending on availability, Somali- or Spanish-speaking staff may also be on call.
Rice County Social Services Crisis Line
General crisis line, non-mental health related crisis, staffed 24/7 by Rice County Social Services Social Workers.
Crisis Text Line
Text MN to 741741
Text MN to 741741 to connect to the Crisis Text Line. Crisis Text Line connects people to local resources in their community. It handles 50,000 messages per month from across the country. For callers most in distress, the average wait time for a response is 39 seconds.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers. It provides free and confidential emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.