Rice County ParentChild+ Early Learning Specialist
May 6, 2021
Serving families in Faribault and Northfield, MN
12-31 hours per week based on qualified candidate’s interest/availability
ParentChild+ is an evidence-based early literacy, parenting, and school readiness home visiting program, committed to closing the achievement gap by providing low-income families the skills and materials they need to prepare their children for school and life success.
The ParentChild+ Early Learning Specialist (ELS) follows national guidelines in implementing the program with families who live within the Faribault and Northfield school district boundaries. The ELS meets with families twice per week to model effective ways for parents/caregivers to increase their verbal interaction with children in their home. The ELS supports parents/caregivers to prepare children for school success by learning through play with the use of carefully selected books and toys. The ELS also connects parents/caregivers with community resources to empower the whole family. ELSs are responsible for record/data management, required to attend mandatory weekly staff meetings, required to participate in PC+ family recruitment efforts and facilitate events for PC+ families on their caseload. Average work hours range from 12-31 hours per week based on caseload size. This position could be combined with other duties to become full-time if a qualified candidate is interested.
- Home Visits: Conduct twice weekly home visits with a caseload of 5-14 families. This will include door-drop deliveries of books and toys to families’ homes and virtual visits when needed, depending on health guidelines during the ongoing pandemic. (40%)
- Record/Data Management: Complete and organize daily session notes on each visit, maintain program records, complete daily paperwork and required evaluations as directed. (30%)
- Training and Supervision: Participate in weekly staff meetings and regular supervision meetings. (20%)
- Recruitment: Participate in PC+ family recruitment efforts. (5%)
- Event Facilitation: Plan and facilitate activities or events for PC+ families. (5%)
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Somali required
- Must possess and maintain a valid Minnesota driver’s license and auto insurance and be able to travel throughout Rice County
- High School Diploma or GED with relevant experience
- Minimum of two years of experience working with culturally, economically and educationally diverse families – including specific expertise with immigrant/refugee communities and low-income/generational poverty communities is preferred
- Experience working with children ages 1-4 years, either volunteer or professional
- Demonstrated ability in facilitating program evaluations and managing data collection
- Demonstrated ability in fulfilling accurate and timely electronic record keeping
- Commitment to consistently demonstrate the values of compassion, inclusion, innovation, integrity and collaboration
- Background in early childhood learning and development of positive parenting skills
- Demonstrated outreach and networking skills with ability to build professional relationships with healthy boundaries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including by phone or virtual meeting platforms
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills; highly organized with superior attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and Google Suite; ability to learn quickly and use client and program databases
- Ability to work evening and occasional weekend hours
- Willingness to make a two-year commitment to families served
- Knowledge of ParentChild+ and/or home-visiting experience is preferred
- Maintenance of a cell phone is an expectation of employment
Hourly wage will depend on qualifications and will range from $17–$19/hour.
Submit a cover letter, résumé and contact information for three professional references to: Sandy Malecha, email@example.com. Application review will begin on May 24, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.