HCI RISE Director
October 10, 2022
Now in its 30th year, Healthy Community Initiative (HCI) is a community-based organization whose mission is to cultivate collaborative communities in Rice County that support, value, and empower youth.
To achieve this, HCI works with community members and partners to identify needs/opportunities, foster collaboration and support community-driven efforts that benefit local youth and families. By offering its assistance, HCI strives to build the capacity of the community to serve its young people more effectively.
HCI is seeking a RISE director to manage the development, implementation and evaluation of systems and programs that support RISE students with their academic success, school engagement, and postsecondary planning. This fulltime position will be performed onsite from Faribault High School.
- Oversee academic counseling sessions for youth that qualify for the RISE program to include completion of an individual development plan, homework help, and the identification of the steps needed to support college/career readiness
- Establish and sustain positive working relationships and regular, proactive communication with program partners, including school staff and administration, to provide additional support to the RISE program (e.g. recruitment of tutors, identification of chemical and mental health services, workshops for college and career readiness, etc.)
- Coordinate schedules and supervise HCI staff and AmeriCorps staff assigned to serve the RISE program
- Ensure fidelity and timeliness of data tracking and outcome measurements using the school district information system as well as the Salesforce system (training provided)
- Engage families of RISE students through written and verbal communication in order to communicate college/career goals and academic progress
- Grant writing and reporting
- Support students in out of school time activities through the registration and scholarship process for sports, driver’s education, summer programs and camps, and job applications
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in the field of counseling, social work, youth development, or a related area
- Ability to supervise staff, volunteer tutors, and AmeriCorps staff
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with RISE students and their families
- Ability to work collaboratively with RISE team members, school district staff and other groups and organizations
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate academic support interventions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and work with different cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to collect and analyze data to inform programming
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work select evening hours and to travel within Rice County
- Familiarity with Faribault and Rice County organizations and resources
- Familiarity with higher education resources and opportunities
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience in grant writing and grant reporting
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé and the contact information for three professional references to: Jodi Lundell, HCI Senior Director (email@example.com).
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.